RE: Are Small Text buttons level 2 compliant

It would seem to me that the phrase 'Avoid using images to represent text'
does not equate to making such images prohibited.

I think that the spirit of these guidelines is to make sites accessible to,
but not necessarily designed strictly for, those with disabilities.  All of
these sites (I believe) include plain text alternatives to those graphical
links at the bottom of the page.  I think that most users expect text links
at the bottom of the page.

Also, the definition of Priority 2 reads:

"[Priority 2]
A Web content developer should satisfy this checkpoint. Otherwise, one or
more groups will find it difficult to access information in the document.
Satisfying this checkpoint will remove significant barriers to accessing Web
documents."

I think that scrolling to the bottom of the page is not a 'significant
barrier.'

- Ben Morris
  Active Matter