Increased Accessibility using Adobe Capture 3.0 for pdf files

From: Ruhman, Rima <RRuhman@FDIC.gov>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:38:18 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Please forgive me if this question has been posted on this list before, but
I am in dire need of information on the accessibility of pdf files in Adobe
Acrobat. I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of using software
called Adobe Acrobat Capture 3.0 for added accessibility of pdf files...this
accessibility would have something to do with a higher OCR for the document
it scans and therefore allow screen readers to take advantage of the clearer
and more accurate text from the document. I know that Capture 3.0 allows for
more documents in to be scanned in less time but I need to know if it adds
something for accessibility of screen readers.