working with Real G2 producer files . . .

From: Jeffrey Pledger <jpledger@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 15:53:45 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
This subject came up about 2 months ago and I thought I would investigate
it further.  Here is what I found out.

When you go to a web site that runs a Real G2 file embedded in your
browser, you really don't have any keyboard control over it, like you do in
the normal instance of running the Real G2 player.  That is because your
running a version from the Real producer web site to play the video.
However, i found a neat little trick to stop playing the video if you don't
want to hear it.

What the Real producer does is it opens another instance of your browser
where this video file is being played.  Simply close that instance of the
browser and you will be o.k.  The video stops playing.  I am doing more
research to find out how to pass along the keyboard commands through the
script that runs the Real producer file within the browser.  Just a little
trick to make life a little bit easier.  Smiles.

Jeffrey Pledger
President, AbleTV.net