Re: media: Cyber Senator Unveils Senate's First Web Site for DisabledInternet Users

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 17:03:35 -0700
To: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>, wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 6:29 PM -0400 9/2/00, David Poehlman wrote:
>WASHINGTON, Aug. 28 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Sen. Patrick Leahy
>(D-Vt.) has produced the first home page in the U.S. Senate
>that fully complies with new federal accessibility standards.

While I applaud Senator Leahy's progress and vision in this area
(and man, I wish I lived in Vermont because I -really- dig this
particular politician), I think it's certainly a neat trick to
fully comply with standards which haven't been released yet. :)

It's good to see the media exposure, though, and I thank the
Senator for his leadership in this area.

--Kynn
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/