Question out of ignorance

From: Thomas, Cassandra <CThomas@gigaweb.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:16:12 -0400
To: "W3c-Wai-Ig (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi!

I work for a consulting group which offeres a web usability service. Part of
our service is of course we check to see if a web site is meeting W3C
standards and whether a text-to-speech reader can navigate the site (sadly
which i must say always seems to be no). I currently have the lab set-up
using IBM homepage reader for our text-to-speech test - we also use Bobby,
test i.e., netscape, opera,  use Lynx, etc. Is the IBM product the most
representative product for this type of test? Is there a product more people
use or one that would be a more universal test of what most
visually-impaired users rely on?

thanks,
Cassandra Thomas
Research Associate