Re: Tears & Usability was: Re: Logical Linearized Order on a Page

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 12:50:33 -0400
To: jonathan chetwynd <jc@signbrowser.org.uk>
CC: paciello@webable.com, Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>, "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
jonathan chetwynd wrote:

> I don't have documentation, merely common sense.
>
> The name and the concept of XML are beyond most, I guess most non-geeks
> would balk at CC/PP,  and turn the page as faast. It's your site but surely
> w3c.org/members must be clear to anyone even vaguely familiar with the web.
> The rates they pay, surely someone answers the phone?
>
> I realise that you are trying to meet the needs of the public, as well as
> your backers.
> Do you have links to your usability testing?
> In particular, where the public is concerned:
> If it shows how you've improved, or how you will improve your homepages.
> I for one would be genuinly interested.

For the home page, in addition to getting feedback from the Team,
we asked the public to send comments to a mailing list [1]. We did our
best to accommodate the comments. We are now getting comments on the
new page and we will do our best to incorporate the constructive ones.

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/

 - Ian
Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783