Re: content guidelines checkpoint 3.1

From: Zachary Mutrux <zacm@etr.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 10:27:20 -0700
To: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
As a Web Developer, I want to make my site as accessible as I can. As a
contractor for the US Federal Government, it looks as though I'll have to
rigidly follow the guidlines-cum-law (Section 508 references the Content
Guidelines), regardless of whether a given guideline actually improves
accessibility or not. It is unfortunate, but possibly inevitable.

Trying to follow standards (Section 508) that haven't been published in the
Federal Register yet is probably premature. In retrospect, my question was
never about accessibility--it was about legal technicalities. Perhaps this
isn't the best forum for that question, since the focus of this IG is the
former, not the latter.

Thanks to all for your posts on the topic anyway!

zm

--
Zachary Mutrux, IT Generalist, National Service Resource Center
800-860-2684 x.130  |  http://www.etr.org/nsrc

At approximately 8/9/00 4:41 AM, the esteemed Steven McCaffrey
(smccaffr@MAIL.NYSED.GOV) typed the following: