State laws regarding web accessibility

From: Paul Mitchum <mile23@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:25:39 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone happens to know of any state laws in the US
which might parallel section 508 in the federal government. I'm
particularly interested in Washington and California.

In doing some research I found pseudo-accessible sites such as
California's Orange County Office of Risk Management:
<http://www.oc.ca.gov/ceo_risk/>, but there doesn't seem to be much
going on at the state level otherwise.

Am I looking in the wrong places?

Many thanks.