mouse target size

From: Jim Tobias <tobias@inclusive.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:20:39 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, <sec508@trace.wisc.edu>, "Uaccess-L@Trace. Wisc. Edu" <uaccess-l@trace.wisc.edu>
Hi All (and sorry for cross-posting),

Are any of the WAI Content Guidelines aimed at establishing a minimum
target size and separation?  I've looked and can't find such.  If
there are none, it seems that the assumption is that people will
be using the keyboard instead of the mouse.  I'm pretty sure that
there are lots of people for whom mouse use is better than keyboard,
especially on portal-type pages with a hundred links.  Am I missing
something?  (BTW, the 508 NPRM is silent here as well.)

Jim

Jim Tobias
Inclusive Technologies
tobias@inclusive.com <mailto:tobias@inclusive.com>