Re: Media coverage monitoring

WAI Interest Group:

After some recent discussion on media coverage on this list, and at the
recent face-to-face in Los Angeles, we will go with the following regarding
identification of Media issues on the WAI Interest Group list:

1. If you would like to bring an article to attention of the list by
referencing its URI, please preface your message with "Media:" (Not WAMM.)

2. If you note inaccuracies in an article, please cc jbrewer@w3.org on the
message, and I will make sure that either WAI staff or the W3C press
relations staff review the article and quickly respond to any problems. (We
do this regularly, and usually but not always get corrections within a day,
and sometimes with an hour or two.)

3. If you choose to respond directly to a reporter in addition to cc'ing us
here, please identify yourself according to your own organization -- only
W3C staff can speak officially for W3C/WAI. Please be courteous regardless
of how you feel about a reporter's article. Many of the reporters have only
a short time to learn about a new issue, and work hard to correct errors if
there are any.

- Judy