Re: Request for help on a project

From: HASAN KHIMJEE <tesorousa@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:20:12 PST
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
We are making a gift website and want to make it fully accessible. The site
does have frames and we were considering a 'no frames' version until I saw
the below from Charles McCathieNevile :

>An alternative approach would be to keep the framed version, and >provide
>decent alt text for the navigation buttons, basic navigation >in the pages
>themselves (at the bottom of hte page, for example) and >have the
>navigation links and introduction text in the noframes >section of the
>frameset.

>Finally, I am not sure why you link to a text-only version. I found >no
>reason why there needed to be a seperate version of the site - >any
>problems could easily be corrected on the main version.

If anyone could point us to resources that can help us achieve the above it
would be a great help.

Regards

Hasan Khimjee