Tool Tip behavior (was RE: About ABBR)

From: Bruce Bailey <bbailey@clark.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:53:33 -0500
Cc: "Ann Navarro" <ann@webgeek.com>
I have had recent contact with the administrator of URL:
http://www.dohistory.org

Incredibly, they removed ALT tags from many places on their site for the
same reason!  I hope this is NOT a trend!

Does anyone know the circumstances that causes IE to display TITLE versus
ALT as "tool tips"?  I think the Mac version (4.5) always displays TITLE (if
both are available) but I am not sure.  Do any of the Windows versions
_ever_ pop-up TITLE content?

Thanks,
Bruce Bailey