Re: Making Sites Accessible

From: Taylor-Made <taymade@home.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 17:36:45 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Dear Kynn,

>Joyce, we have to make a distinction between "designing
>accessibly" -- which is a mindset, a method, a general
>way you do things -- and specific accessible web design
>techniques.

This statement is a little ambiguous to me. . .

>However, there are specific techniques for -doing- accessible
>web design that may take time, and sometimes may take
>considerable time (or cost).

Kynn, I haven't found any yet that refers to the way I design or has cost me
in anything other than time.  But please keep in mind, if it did cost me
more time, that is okay because I choose to design this way.

>So it's important to make a distinction between the philosophy
>of accessible web design, and the practice of accessible web
>techniques.

This is my philosophy and my practice.  I will design my sites to be as
accessible as I know how.  I have learned so much over the past few years
and I guess I just do not find it that much of a hardship. If I didn't care
about this issue, I would not spend so much time learning all I can about
how to do it properly.  I'm still learning.  This is my education.  "The
Education of Accessibility"   *Smile*

Joyce