RE: About ABBR

Kynn is dead on.  Forgive, me for not being as kind in my rhetoric as Kynn
is, -- but here goes-- just note I mean no ill will-- it is the ideas that I
find objection to.

The unspoken issue in this thread is the question as to if  an individual or
group can suddenly insist on a standard that is vague and a value whose
importance is more in the eye of the beholder than as to if it helps make a
page accessible or not accessible.

Such insistence  is negating and ridiculing good faith actions of many
trying to write accessible pages.  One could have written a page that is
very much accessible, without using ABBR and ACRONYM---   Now, for one to
suddenly cry 'foul' wreaks of malicious conduct, and destroys much of the
favorable reputation, the accessibility folks have worked hard to obtain.

Quite simply, the insistence that ABBR and ACRONYM be used, is silly. The
argument that it won't cost anything is even more foolish rhetoric.  Quite
simply, implementation of changes means an expenditure in resources -- to
say otherwise however noble in intentions, is a lie.

 Should ABBR and  ACRONYM be considered_- sure; should guidelines as to
their use, be elaborated on-- very much so;  - but INSISTENCE  on their
implementation with the fictitious rhetoric it will not cost the company
anything to do so, is preposterous. If you want to go ahead and call such a
view as one unconcerned for web accessibility-- you may.  However, it does
not change the facts.

Wayne

Athens, GA