Re: Is this site accessible?

using Lynx (version 2.8.3dev17) and the base URI,
http://www.victoriassecret.com/ one is led to the following page:

---begin Lynx text-image
    REFRESH(0 sec): http://www.victoriassecret.com/browser.html
---end Lynx text-image

which, if activated, leads to the following:

    See VictoriasSecret.com at its best
    For optimal performance, we highly recommend [1]Netscape or
    [2]Internet Explorer versions 4.0. However, versions 3.0 or higher
    will give you the necessary plug-ins and the ability to make secure
    transactions online. To download a recommended browser and to enjoy
    the full benefits of shopping at VictoriasSecret.com select a browser
    below.
    [3]get netscape [4]get internet explorer
    [5]Download Netscape [6]Download Internet Explorer
    System requirements:
    For the best experience, please select a screen resolution of 800 x
    600 and set your browser font size to 12 or medium. Please be sure
    that JavaScript and Cookies are enabled; both are required to complete
    online transactions. Your modem speed should be 28.8 or higher.
    Victoria's Secret
    Model pick
    You are always welcome at [7]VictoriasSecret.com. However, you will be
    unable to make purchases in The Online Shop without a recommended
    browser, version 3.0 or higher.

Lynx-Generated List of Hyperlink References
    1. http://www.netscape.com/
    2. http://www.microsoft.com/
    3. http://www.netscape.com/
    4. http://www.microsoft.com/
    5. http://www.netscape.com/
    6. http://www.microsoft.com/
    7. http://www.victoriassecret.com/vsc/index.html?ignorecookies

choosing link 7 brings one to the default (graphically-oriented) homepage...

guess now i know exactly _what_ victoria's secret is -- she doesn't know
that you can SSL enable lynx!
gregory.

At 06:19 PM 2/14/00 -0500, you wrote:
>what would the test yeild if you turned on java script.  I surf with
>javascript on.  also, you can't necessarily compare a browser with
>javascript disabled and one that doesn't support javascript at all as
>compatable.  try the site with lynx and see how it fares?
>--
>Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
>ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman
>http://poehlman.clark.net
>mailto:poehlman@clark.net
>voice 301-949-7599
>end sig.

He that lives on Hope, dies farting
      -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
    WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
         <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>