[Fwd: Media Access Newsletter]

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:42:42 -0500
To: wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Media Access Newsletter
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:56:18 -0500
From: Prof Norm Coombs <nrcgsh@RITVAX.ISC.RIT.EDU>

EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information) will begin a regular
newsletter on the topic of media on the web, audio and video
especially as
it relates to topics of education, of disabilities and tips on making
internet media reach a broad audience of people with different
modes.  Multimedia has the potential to provide parallel information
meet diverse needs.  Video, audio and text can be combined to meet
everyone's communication choices and needs.  It can also be used to
people.  We will focus on media access for people with different
styles and different abilities and disabilities.

We are looking for tips from internet media users as to what they
like such a newsletter to cover.

EASI will first use it to highlight its own internet media.  EASI has
providing a weekly webcast sometimes video but usually audio.  It is
captioned or transcribed.  We expect to expand this to 2 webcasts a
week in
the near future.  These focus on education, NSF projects, libraries
access issues.  We expect to add a number of special broadcasts
covering a
wider spectrum of topics.

Please tell us what you want to know.  We will also highlight other
events on the Internet that covers similar topics.

The newsletter will be short items with urls where readers can learn
and access media.

We are also open to ideas from you for our title.  Presently it will
be the
Media Access Newsletter.  We'd love something snappier but not too
If there is already a newsletter with this title, we'd like to know
that too.

Watch for the first newsletter in a week.  It will be twice monthly.

Ideas and contributions are welcome.

Also, check out the coming online workshop, Barrier-free Educational
Technology http://www.rit.edu/~easi/workshops/adaptit.htm

Norman Coombs
Chair of EASI

EASI's online workshop on adaptive technology,
Barrier-free Educational Technology, begins Jan. 31.
Making your info tech accessible is the right thing to do,
and it is the law.  For information, go to
http://www.rit.edu/~easi and click on workshops.