Re: Validation as test for basic accessibility

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:30:46 -0800
To: Melinda Morris-Black <melinda@ink.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 11:31 AM 1/19/2000 , Melinda Morris-Black wrote:
>I was brought in to "fix" the State of Kansas web site last month. ADA
>compliance is just one piece of the pie. Getting webmasters to understand that
>usability is more than a few appropriately placed tags has been quite a
>challenge. Usability has to be approached holistically.
>My question is, how do you teach good taste and common sense? : )

ObPlug:  You take an online class from Kynn Bartlett in web
accessibility and/or web management. :)

Seriously, you teach it the same way you teach writing and art and
any number of non-technical things.  People do teach good taste and
common sense all the time; most of us just come from a technical
background (myself included) and would like very much the ability
to lay things out in strong technical terms.  But that's not the
only approach that's needed!

Next Speaking Engagement -- SHARE at Anaheim   http://www.kynn.com/+share
Become AWARE of Web Accessibility!                  http://aware.hwg.org/