Re: About tabindex and bypassing link

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:19:03 -0500 (EST)
To: Ricardo Sanchez <rsv@retemail.es>
cc: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Ricardo,

thanks for the suggestion.

I have re-posted this to w3c-wai-gl@w3.org because that is the list for the
WCAG group, and I think it is a better place for the topic. Please delete
w3c-wai-ig from responses.

This may be a good technique, but then it becomes difficult to access the
navigation bar. It depends a bit on where the focus goes after the things
that have a tabindex.

I think it would be more useful if there was a split level of tabindex, so
that you could move through a structure like a tree. We have tried to get
something like this by using the mapo element to group sets of links. But I
am not certain and would like to have more opinions and testing.

Do people have examples of pages that use tabindex well? (I have made one
now, at http://www.w3.org/2000/01/tabindex-test if people want to tell me
what works and how).

Charles McCathieNevile