Re: screen readers, browsers, & the reporting of ALT on & in image maps

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:49:28 -0500
To: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <unagi69@concentric.net>
I'd say loosely that alt is sort of audio description and title is sort
of caption.  even this is precarious though as we don't get a lot of
<enterpretation> or <functional equivilancy> in audio description, but
title as caption is good.  tell us what it is but don't stop there.  I
like <select a direction> or direction selector> even.  I would also be
interested in where which direction is going to take me if I go that
way?

--
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman