Re: city of hartford site has a text only?

From: Kathleen Anderson <kathleen.anderson@po.state.ct.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:27:14 -0500
To: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
CC: wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi:
I'm not sure what you mean by 'necessary', but, until user agents
support alt tags for the hotspots in client-side image maps, or until
the City eliminates the image map altogether, I believe he did the
reasonable thing. Also, you should know that the webmaster who made this
change does not author the entire site. Some portions are subwebs
maintained by other city departments.
This is one of the group that visited our test center, they came away
very committed to making their site accessible.
--
Kathleen Anderson
State Comptroller's Office