AFB Publishes White Paper On E-books

From: Janina Sajka <janina@afb.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:17:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Anderson Consulting has projected that electronic books sales will
reach $2.3 billion by 2005. The American Foundation for the Blind has just
published a White Paper which examines how e-books will transform access
to information for blind readers--and how access considerations will make
e-books a better product for all readers. Entitled "Surpassing Gutenburg:
A Historic Opportunity in Access to Published Information for Blind
Readers," the paper is coauthored by George Kerscher and myself, Janina
Sajka. You can find "Surpassing Gutenburg" on AFB's home page at:

	http://www.afb.org

We hope you enjoy reading "Surpassing Gutenburg," and we welcome any

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Information Systems Research & Development
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

janina@afb.net