Re: absolute location

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:37:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
cc: "Benjamin J. Simpson" <arcben@hotmail.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Providing information on the accessibility (as far as it is known) of the
things at the other ends of the links would be helpful. With wide deployment
of RDF and the so-called semantic web this will actually become easy, as
well.

But I agree that you cannot be held responsible for the things you point to
(with some exceptions that are not especially relevant to the question).

Charles McCN

On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 04:24 PM 6/2/2000 , Benjamin J. Simpson wrote:
  >Would a web site that has 'entirely accessible internal content' be
  >considered accessible if it had links to non-accesible, external resources?

  Define "accessible."

  >Especially if those links to external resources add to the value of the
  >site. For example, an accessible page of "The Top 10 Movie Sites", with
  >links to movie sites that are non-accessible.

  Yes, or else you can't allow links to -anywhere- that you can't
  control, in the name of "accessibility."

  Director of Accessibility, edapta                  http://www.edapta.com/
  AWARE Center Director                         http://www.awarecenter.org/
  Next of Kynn: a quasi-regular web log           http://www.kynn.com/next/