Re: Questions about TABLE SUMMARY element

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 18:10:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: Joel Sanda <joels@ecollege.com>
cc: "W3C/WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
In theory I think the limit for the size of an element including all
attribute content is 32k (i.e. very big) but in practise I would suggest
keeping it shorter. Given that the summary attribute isn't available on many
of the current generation of browsers, you might also consider using a
caption element instead - that is rendered by nearly everything.

cheers

Charles McCN