RE: Request for site review

From: Bruce Bailey <bbailey@clark.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:47:03 -0400
To: "Marjolein Katsma" <access@javawoman.com>
Cc: "Web Accessibility Initiative" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Dear Marjolein,

I don't disagree with you about the byte bloat of the Sailor Page.  Like I
said before, I don't have much influence on correcting that particular
problem.

I would mention that my computer ain't all that great.  After your earlier
comments I tried the Sailor site on an even older system with dial-up, but I
didn't experience problems that were nearly as bad as what you described.
After I let it finish loading (yawn), I did NOT have any lag problems with
the onMouseOver content.  (This was on a 120MHz system, 32MB RAM, but using
IE 5.)

My most recent comments to Jim are about onMouseOver behavior in general,
which is designed to be fluid -- even if it is not always that way in
practice!

Sure, and I can follow a link before the onMouseOver content loads too!
I think you know what I meant.  I was referring to links with onMouseOver
content defined for them!  I was also trying to highlight a problem with the
somewhat vague term "action".