WaSP review of MSIE 5.5

From: Bruce Bailey <bbailey@clark.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:50:16 -0400
To: "Web Accessibility Initiative" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sorry, I've misplaced the email where Judy told us how she would like
references from other media to be handled.

Leading paragraphs from URL:
http://www.webstandards.org/ie55.txt
follow (article is short)...

WEB STANDARDS PROJECT BLASTS MICROSOFT'S "ARROGANT" BREAK WITH
STANDARDS

http://www.webstandards.org/ -- 10 April 2000 -- The Web
Standards Project (WaSP) today denounced Internet Explorer 5.5
Windows Edition for abandoning Web standards Microsoft has
publicly committed to supporting, and focusing on proprietary
technologies which are certain to fragment the already-troubled
Web space.

"We are incensed by Microsoft's arrogance, and perplexed by its
schizophrenic decision to support standards on one platform while
undercutting them on another," said Web Standards Project group
leader Jeffrey Zeldman.