RE: Seeking guidance...

At 03:00 PM 4/7/00 -0400, Bruce Bailey wrote:
>Having ranted, let me attempt amends by attempting a summary:
>As a matter of actual practice, one could (and should) duplicate onMouseOver
>attribute content with onFocus (TABINDEX might have to be added too).
>Anyone who complains about their code becoming invalid should be excused
>from this requirement.
>
>Len -- how about adding this to the WAVE?

Sure this would be easy... it's on the to do list... but it brings up
another question.  With current screenreaders, does it do the users benefit
from this.

For example, take http://www.att.com

As you mouseover items on a menu, another image changes to show some more info.
And, bless them, their javascript also changes the alt text of that other
image.

Are screenreaders going to show this changed alt text in the other image?

Also, what if a mouseover changes the image it was on.  What does the
screenreader read when it the image gets focus?  the original alt text or
the changed alt text?

Len

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.