RE: Seeking guidance...

Charles,

At 10:20 2000-04-07 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>No, onFocus (in the current specification) does not replace onMouseover in
>current versions of HTML (sadly).

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how it could. The two are independent and have quite different roles. I can give focus to a link or a form input field, by selecting it (with mouse or keyboard) while hovering a mouse triggers the onMouseover event but does not give focus. As a user, I could use the onMouseover to decide whether I am *going* to give foucus to that element by clicking it or not.

>In the upcoming DOM work, there is a new focusin/focusout event that is
>expected to cover mouseovers as well as keyboard-based focus.

Sounds confusing to me - then how does one explore without giving / changing focus?

>Charles McCN

Cheers,

Marjolein Katsma
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/