RE: Seeking guidance...

Charles McCN wrote:
> No, onFocus (in the current specification) does not replace onMouseover in
> current versions of HTML (sadly).
>
> In the upcoming DOM work, there is a new focusin/focusout event that is
> expected to cover mouseovers as well as keyboard-based focus.

Okay then, MSIE5's behavior wrt onFocus/onBlur is reasonable.

Chuck L wrote (earlier in this thread):
> However, I feel strongly that page developers should (must) get into the
> habit of enabling device independent triggers on all suitable scripts in
> spite of the problems with the current crop of event-handlers noted
earlier
> on the IG list.

Aside from agreeing with this in principle, what is the point?  The current
formal SPECIFICATIONS don't even adequately support this mindset!
(Forgetting, for the moment, the behavior of the UA browser.)

Let me ask again, do any of the keyboard-oriented tags (onKeyPress,
onKeyDown, onKeyUp) substitute adequately (from a functional keyboard
orientation) for onFocus/onBlur?

--
Thank you.
Bruce B