Recent web accessibility survey?

From: GARETH P PARKINSON <298gpp@tay.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:16:16 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

I am looking for information about the current state of the web. I have heard figures bandied about that the web is 90 to 99.9 % inaccessible, and would like to know how these were arrived at.

I was particularly hoping that somebody might know of a web survey that catalogues the problems of the web. The only one I have been able to get my hands on was done in 1996, and in web time that puts it about two decades ago! ( I once heard that web years last 2.6 months)

If any of you nice guys out there feel like helping out, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Gareth Parkinson