Re: Practice Describing Pictures, anyone game?

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 01:15:06 -0500
To: Claude Sweet <sweetent@home.com>, Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Claude wrote:
quote
   Such audio tapes can provide an interesting perspective, but I am glad I
   don't have to depend on someone else's "opinion" as my only source of
   information.
unquote

which is why, when i go to a museum, i like to gather together at least 2 and
optimally more friends whose aesthetic judgement i trust, and get all of their
opinions and perspectives...

there's no doubt about it -- when you're blind, the more information you're
able to get, the better your experience of a visual object will be...

what would really be interesting, kynn, would be to have you describe the
photos from your point of view -- including the reason why you took the
picture, the mood that you were in when you did so, what you were attempting to
capture on film, and what you actually captured -- and then allow visitors to
add comments or describe the scene from their perspective...

now that's a site i would bookmark,
        gregory.

A book is a mirror: if an ass peers into it,
you can't expect an apostle to peer out.
                                -- Lichtenberg
 Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/indx.html>
    WebMonster and Minister of Propaganda
The Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group of
         New York City (VICUG NYC)
    <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/>