Re: Fwd: AOL sued over accessibility

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:43:20 -0800 (PST)
To: kford@teleport.com (Kelly Ford)
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Kelly wrote:
> How can the NFB justify such a legal action when the organization itself
> generates funding from inaccessible web sites.  Take a look at
> an online fund raising shopping service which they are linked into.  It has
> some of the same accessibility problems they are complaining about with AOL.

Interesting indeed.  However, I could see some cases in which an
organization (say, the WAI) wants to take money from a supporter
whose web site is not yet accessible.

That said, the HTML Writers Guild has been considering a proposal
in which all our co-branded sites with outside partners are expected
to meet the same standards of accessibility that the Guild currently
requires from our own pages.  I think other organizations should
consider this too.

--Kynn