Re: People supporting Web accessibility milestone in Europe - April 2000

Dear friends

The Portuguese Minister of Science and Technology agreed with PASIG proposal
of inclusion of accessibility on the Internet for people with disabilities
in the European Ministerial conference for the Information Society .

This means that there is no need to begin the International Petition for the
Accessibility on the Internet in European Union.

However, the European conference agenda is not defined and will be
co-organized with the Portuguese presidency of the European Union and the
European Commission. So, to make this proposal a reality
will be necessary an International support.

As soon as possible I will ask you this support

Thanks in advance

Francisco Godinho
PASIG - Portuguese Accessibility Special Interest Group
http://www.acessibilidade.net/index_eng.html