From: Scott Luebking [mailto:phoenixl@netcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 2:11 PM
To: W3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: single browser intranets

Hi,

Suppose that a company buys JAWS for one blind employee who works
well on the intranet with it.  The company hires a second blind employee
who only uses lynx and refuses to use JAWS.  Is the intranet
accessible or not?

Scott

PS  I've been working on a web-based system using sound navigation to
help teach blind chemistry students about different chemical models.  It
works with IE4/5 and JAWS, but relies on IE 4/5 features.  Is it
accessible or not?

PPS  This does put both companies and universities in an awkward
position.  How can they plan, allocate resources, etc, if they
don't know what is accessible and what is not?