Re: Web Magazine featuring Accessibility issues

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:30:27 -0400
To: crism@exemplary.net (Christopher R. Maden), w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>A semicolon or line-end terminator is eaten.  Any other
>non-name-character ends the entity name but is not considered part of it.

So I can write

   <=

as

   &lt=  or &lt;=

In other words, the semicolon is optional here.  However, to avoid browser
bugs and inaccurate criticisms from people perusing my code, I'm gonna
leave in the semicolon.  Thanks again for your clear explanation.

Len
-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)