Re: Self-voicing browsers

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:46:15 -0500
To: "webmaster@dors.sailorsite.net" <webmaster@dors.sailorsite.net>
CC: "'Web Accessibility Initiative'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "'Anne Pemberton'" <apembert@crosslink.net>, "'Jonathan Chetwynd'" <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
a couple of notes here.  First, jfw can be made to cooperate more
fully, but even if that is done, I'm not certain it does what is
needed for this population.  A note on pwwebspeak.  there are
advantages to using pwwebspeak if you need verbal reinforcement of
what you are seeing text wise and I believe a new or soon to be
released edition will be graphical.
a note on hpr.  Hpr does allow you both views and provides a simple
interface to netscape.  It and pwwebspeak however do not provide
access to javascripts.

There are other magnification programs with speech such as supernova
from dolfin systems and lp windows.  I don't have the addresses off
hand or more info, but you will find them at:
http://www.magnifiers.org/

--
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
Touching The Internet: