Re: Statistics on Blind & Visually Impaired Web Users

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 13:17:04 -0700
To: "Joel Sanda" <joelsanda@hotmail.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 12:26 PM 9/3/1999 , Joel Sanda wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can find some figures on the numbers of blind and visually impaired web users?

Here's the one I know -- other people may have better numbers.

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/user_surveys/survey-1998-10/graphs/general/q12.htm

GVU does regular surveys of internet users.

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/user_surveys/

These may or may not be representative samples, but of those who
completed THIS particular survey, about 4% identify themselves as
users with visual disabilities.