Re: Insight from Web Experts?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 18:22:41 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Charles F. Munat" <charles@munat.com>
cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Charles (and anyone else),

The WAI Education and Outreach Group promotes the WCAG, and also provides
supplementary materials such as a quick tips card, (more of a handy reminder
than anything else - 10 ideas for improving accesibility of sites, printed on
a business card) and a set of tutorial slides showing how to use the
guidelines.

I agree that the level of awareness in "Experts" is lower than desirable,
especially given the fact that many of the requirements of accessible design
are also simple requirements of good quality design.

In terms of what you can do beyond personal email I would suggest you get
involved in the Education and Outreach group. Other helpful things include
finding (or making) sites which do comply, to demonstrate how it isn't really
difficult in most cases.

If I locate the article I mentioned online I will definitely post the
address.

cheers

Charles McCN