Re: Insight from Web Experts?

From: Charles F. Munat <charles@munat.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 19:57:48 -0700
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
Cc: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

"I have read worse. I have also read much better. In a journal produced
by part of the American armed forces I saw the best article I have found to
date on accessibility. I hope it is online somewhere."

-------

Charles:

I hope you can locate that article. If you do, would you post the address?

My point was more the sheer number of people reached by the newsletter in
question (it is put out by the Web Site Garage), rather than the severity of
the recommendations. In my opinion, "experts" should know better.

With that in mind, perhaps you can tell me where I can learn what the W3C is
doing to promote the WCAGuidelines. Is there a proactive program for
reaching important groups like the Web Site Garage, or is it more a matter
of them finding the guidelines on their own? Is there anything I can do
(beyond emailing authors with whom I disagree)?

Thanks for your response,

Charles Munat