AAA WCAG Conformance

From: Bruce Bailey <bbailey@clark.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:30:00 -0400
To: "'Web Accessibility Initiative'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "'Kynn Bartlett'" <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Does anyone know of sites (English please) that are AAA compliant (besides
the WAI) -- and brag about it?

Kynn, why doesn't fly the AAA banner?  (It can't just be because that
orange/yellow clashes with purple?)

And a not entirely theoretical question..

Can a site claim AA conformance without using CSS?

Checkpoint 3.6 says to "use style sheets to control layout and
presentation" but how strict is this?  My interpretation is that a site
would have to forgo <B> <I> <CENTER> <FONT> tags altogether and elements
like ALIGN and BGCOLOR (I am sure I am leaving many others off this list)
but then COULD be AA compliant without style sheets.

What do you think of this interpretation?

Thank you.
Bruce Bailey
http://www.dors.state.md.us/