Re: call for review

From: Alan Cantor <acantor@oise.utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:03:11 -0500 (EST)
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
William wrote:

> I think there should be something that more or less requires any user
> agent to be usable without a mouse.  The guidelines may say that in a
> roundabout way but that is one thing I feel should be an explicit
> Priority 1 item.

Alan replies:

Absolutely. Keyboard-only access is vital, and yet is not always possible.
Keyboard-only techniques should be at least as reliable and robust as
point-and click techniques.

My arguments for decent sans-mouse access to Windows appear here:

http://www.interlog.com/~acantor/csun1998.htm

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor + Associates