Re: FrontPage 98 and Image Maps

From: Chris Kreussling <CHRIS.KREUSSLING@ny.frb.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 16:56:44 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
This is an Authoring Tools rather than a general issue.

<author>Chris Kreussling</author>
<disclaimer>The views expressed are
reflect the position of the Federal Reserve
Bank of New York or the Federal Reserve

>>> <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org> (Shan Sasser) 02/08 4:34 PM >>>
I copied the sample code for an accessible image map into Microsoft FrontPage
98. Instantly, it converted the code into a web bot component. This component
strips out the MAP, AREA, and Alt text code. Has this happend to anyone else?
Is there anyway to stop FrontPage from doing this? ...

Yes, it's happened to me and Yes, if you handcode the HTML. There was discussion on this last fall in the newgroup news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.frontpage.client. Try searching DejaNews for messages from me in that newsgroup with keywords "imagemap" and "hotspot".