Re: FrontPage 98 and Image Maps

From: Chris Kreussling <CHRIS.KREUSSLING@ny.frb.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 16:56:44 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
This is an Authoring Tools rather than a general issue.

<author>Chris Kreussling</author>
<disclaimer>The views expressed are
reflect the position of the Federal Reserve
Bank of New York or the Federal Reserve
System.</disclaimer>

>>> <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org> (Shan Sasser) 02/08 4:34 PM >>>
I copied the sample code for an accessible image map into Microsoft FrontPage
98. Instantly, it converted the code into a web bot component. This component
strips out the MAP, AREA, and Alt text code. Has this happend to anyone else?
Is there anyway to stop FrontPage from doing this? ...
<<<

Yes, it's happened to me and Yes, if you handcode the HTML. There was discussion on this last fall in the newgroup news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.frontpage.client. Try searching DejaNews for messages from me in that newsgroup with keywords "imagemap" and "hotspot".