Re: client side image maps in FrontPage

From: Chris Kreussling <CHRIS.KREUSSLING@ny.frb.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:50:30 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>>> <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org> 01/21 6:17 PM >>>
A question was asked last week as to how to use frontpage to make client side image maps. here is the response from my programmer.

<start snip>
The code can be put into FrontPage98 using the Insert > FrontPage
Component... > Insert HTML then pushing OK.  A text box will pop up to place
the code in.  Unfortunately, if the client-side image map with alt tags is
done through the normal FrontPage98 route all of the ALT tags will be
stripped out.

<end snip>

If this response is not clear, please reply and we will ask hime to be more specific. I would have asked but he has gone for the day.

rob neff
<<<

I've also encountered and circumvented this problem with FrontPage 98's "hotspot" feature (their name for linked/mapped image areas). I can provide additional information, if needed.

This should be in the WAI Authoring Tools discussion, rather than the WAI Interest Group. I don't know where the question was asked. I don't recall seeing it here in the WAI-IG list.