Re: h1, h2, etc.

From: Pawan Vora <pvora@uswest.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:13:50 -0700
To: "Charles F. Munat" <coder@acnet.net>
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi Charles,

> I have the same problem with P tags. I've been using DIV
> with BR tags to avoid P tags because I don't want the spaces
> above and below. I am trying to achieve a look in which the
> first paragraph has a drop cap and no indent, and subsequent
> paragraphs have a first line indent, the way it is normally
> done in print. The "block" format gets old.

You can get the indents... but it's not considered "good" html code.
Here are two different ways:

1. starting a paragraph with <DD>
2. starting the paragraph with a bunch of &nbsp;'s ... so you can do
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;This is my second paragraph.

Of course, the third option is to try the "single-pixel" gif trick....
but, that's not good design either!

Pawan...
--
Pawan R. Vora