emotica, ASCII art and accessibility - some suggestions

From: Taylor-Made <taymade@netnitco.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:53:07 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
~~~Meanwhile, the inline emoticons and smileys are so widely distributed
online as to have attained, as far as I can tell, the equivalent of
language status, in a sense, so it isn't a question of telling people to
stop using them, because they wont.~~~

I have been online for a little over 2 years now and I know what you are
saying.    But, it seems that I never got into the habit of using them --
once in a great while I use a smile face.  When I want an emotion to get
across I just surround the emotion -  {{{hugs}}} ;  **SMILE** ; {blushes} ;
(embarrassed) ;  {feels foolish}.  Stuff like that.

Joyce Taylor
jtaylor@taymade.com

THE EDUCATIONAL EMPORIUM
Libertas erudire - eruditio pro libertate
http://www.taymade.com/taymade/edu