RE: Text-only

I understand that you are asking about text-only guidelines and the use of
Frames.  I encourage webmasters to follow accessible web design guidelines
and the use of Frames is a problem for accessibility.  For an explanation of
the accessibility problems in the use of Frames, I recommend that you visit
the Starling Access web site at:
http://www.igs.net/~starling/acc/acfra.htm

There is also additional information at the World Wide Web Consortium site:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-WAI-PAGEAUTH/
W3C members may have additional urls for you to visit.

The City of San Jose Web Page Disability Access Design Standard requires
that City webmasters avoid the use of Frames:
http://www.ci.san-jose.ca.us/oaacc/disacces.html

Cynthia D. Waddell
ADA Coordinator
City of San Jose

Cynthia D. Waddell   Cynthia.Waddell@ci.sj.ca.us
ADA Coordinator       City of San Jose, CA

801 North First Street, Room 460
San Jose, California 95110-1704
(408)277-4034
(408)971-0134 TTY