Re: The first thing that I don't like about the WAI-IG list

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 16:06:01 -0800
To: "Charles F. Munat" <coder@acnet.net>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 04:17 p.m. 01/02/99 -0600, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>The first thing I dislike about this list, or at least about
>a common thread on it, is a piece of propaganda that irks me
>every time I see it. I am referring to the near constant
>mantra that building an accessible site doesn't really take
>much extra effort.

My mantra is that once you learn it, it's not that hard at all
to do.

The only reason sites are inaccessible is due to ignorance on
the part of web designers; of course, overcoming ignorance is
never "easy".  Learning the "right way" is harder than just
"doing whatever seemed to work", but the benefits are many.

Once you've invested the time to learn, it's actually easier
to make an accessible site than to purposely break HTML and
make one that's inaccessible.

That's my mantra, and I'm sticking to it.

Design an accessible web site:                http://www.kynn.com/+fedweb
Tell your friend a celebrity wrote to you:      http://www.kynn.com/+imdb
Enroll now for my online CSS course!             http://www.kynn.com/+css