Re: tired of this thread

At 09:28 AM 6/17/1999 , Lovey@aol.com wrote:
>Has the WAI been testing it's "product" with the people who will be using it?
>Have they identified who the end users are?
>>From this thread, obviously not.

Except the WAI doesn't work that way; for the most part it
relies on the CONTRIBUTIONS of various sectors rather than on
active TESTING.  For a voice to be heard here, they need to
speak up.  As an example, my buddy Gregory Rosmaita (HI
GREGORY) is blind and participates in the WAI.  Is he doing
such because he's part of a "test" project?  Is he here as a
"representative of all blind people everywhere?"  Not really,
he's here because he's Gregory and he's contributing his
insight like everyone else does.

>The WAI is a noble and IMO a wonderful achievement - but an entire section of
>the population has been left out - perhaps forgotten or never considered?

Maybe you need to have some of those people who can assist
with the WAI's mission -- which is to improve the accessibility
of the web, chiefly through providing definitive reference
materials that content and program creators can use as
guidelines -- from that community come forward and join us.
You seem to know plenty of them -- and I don't -- so you would
seem to be the logical person to form some bridges.  (I can't
reach out to people I don't know any more than they could
reach out to me!)