Re: tired of this thread

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:15:39 -0400
To: Lovey@aol.com
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 12:28 PM 6/17/1999 EDT, Lovey@aol.com wrote:
>I too am growing weary of this thread, it is very disturbing. The more I
read
>the scarier it gets.
>
>The people Rob refers to are recognized and organized. All are recognized
and
>organized by the ADA in the US.

There have been two serious proposals, both from David Poehlman: 1) include
guidelines that specify the inclusion of graphics as an aid to
accessibility, and 2) change the current status of the guideline for
"simple and understandable" text from "recommended" to "required". Either
would be a masterful start in the right direction.

What is the next step towards including the needs of graphically-dependent
into the next version of the WAI Guidelines draft?

				Anne

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/apembert