Re: Debunking the need for "text-only" parallel sites

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 13:55:09 -0700
To: Nick Traenkner <nick@kentinfoworks.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 04:48 PM 5/21/1999 -0400, Nick Traenkner wrote:
>"Do the crappy browser makers realize the urgency of getting the
>standards-compliant browsers out there?"

In general, no, although some of them pay lip service to it.
I recently received email from Netscape gushing about how
accessible Nav5 will be.  I hope it will be, but in honesty,
I'm not holding my breath.  I have higher hopes for accessible
browsers from ProdWorks, Opera, iCab, and others than I do
from either of "big two" browsers.

BTW, have you seen iCab?  It's pretty nifty (I have it on the
HWG's new mac) and it almost makes up for the fact that there's
no Opera for Macintosh machines.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
President, Governing Board Member