Digital Economy Paper is Up

From: Waddell, Cynthia <cynthia.waddell@ci.sj.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:27:20 -0700
To: "'Multiple Recipients of List'" <uaccess-l@trace.wisc.edu>, "'W3C interest group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Members of the list may be interested to know that my paper "The Growing
Digital Divide in Access for People with Disabilities:  Overcoming Barriers
to Participation" is now posted at http://mitpress.mit.edu/ude.html. This
paper was commissioned by the National Science Foundation in connection with
the first US conference on the impact of the digital economy convened by
President Clinton: "Understanding the Digital Economy:  Data, Tools and
Research"  http://www.ecommerce.gov

The paper is heavily hyperlinked to resources and includes discussion on the
W3C WAI effort as a player in removing barriers to participation.  It will
be presented on the opening day of the conference and will be further
discussed in a breakout session on the second day.  Let me express my thanks
to all of you for your participation in the accessibility effort.  Together,
we truly can make a difference!

Cynthia D. Waddell
Cynthia D. Waddell
ADA Coordinator